The Renaissance and Humanism in Europe. Reading Questions. Textbook and History Guide.
- What does the literal meaning of the word "rebirth" suggest for the Renaissance artists and intellectuals?
- Where did the Renaissance originate?
- Who were the humanists and what is considered the beginning of the humanist movement?
- How did Latin contribute to the spread of teh Renaissance and humanism throughout Europe?
- What was the Renaissance view of Greek and Roman antiquity?
- Contrast the view of life by the medieval and by Renaissance man or woman. What was the main concern? (last two paragraphs on page 1592).
- What was the Renaissance view of art? (last paragraph on page 1594).
- What does the term "humanism" refer to?
- Contrast the view of individualism from the point of view of the middle ages and of humanism.