Thomas Jefferson.from "The Declaration of Indepencence"
- What is Jefferson's primary purposes in writing the Declaration of Independence?
- What are the rights that all human beings are endowed with?
- Under what conditions does Jefferson think that people have a right to overthrow their government?
- What do you think Jefferson meant by "all men are created equal"?
- From where do governments derive their powers?
- When do people have the right to alter or abolish governments?
- Why do you think Jefferson believes that governments should not be changed often?
- What objection does Jefferson have against the King of Great Britain?